Dental implants are used to replace one or more teeth, or to act as a solid foundation for fixed or removable dentures. There are several different treatment options available when choosing dental implants in our Staten Island office:
- Single tooth replacement: A missing tooth can be replaced without compromising any of your healthy surrounding teeth. Your dentist will surgically place a titanium implant into the bone beneath the gum and attach a post which will provide strong support for a custom made crown crown.
- Multiple teeth replacement: Multiple teeth can be replaced whether they are adjacent or in different areas of the mouth. A multi-unit bridge is utilized after the individual implants are placed and blends in beautifully with your existing teeth.
- Fixed implant-supported denture: If you are missing all of your upper or lower teeth, your dentist can design a custom-made denture to be permanently secured using implants. The implants will strongly support the new teeth and can be removed by the dentist when cleaning and maintenance is necessary. The number of implants will vary with each patient.
- Removable implant-supported denture: If you are missing all of your upper or lower teeth, a new removable denture can be secured to a custom-made bar which will be supported by multiple implants placed in the bone beneath the gum. Cleaning and maintenance can be done daily and effortlessly with your new removable denture.
- Implant-stabilized denture: A cost effective solution can be to stabilize your removable denture using a small number of implants. After the initial procedure and the implants have healed, small posts are attached to the implants. A new denture can be created for you, or your current denture can sometimes be modified and used. The denture snaps into place and can easily be removed on a daily basis for cleaning.